Average cruise, one great port

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: May 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Freedom
The ship has the worst single decor of any building, ship, or other interior space I've ever been in. It looked like the designer went to the ship design store and bought all the junk that was in the Clearance Bin that no other ship would touch and tried to jam it together. It was consistently hideous throughout the ship.
The crew on this ship seemed unconcerned with sanitation and hence no one was surprised when most of the 8th deck ended up quarantinined. I succumbed for the first time ever on a cruise and spent a day in quarantine. Good med staff, a shot and some pills to get you through it, but wish I hadn't had to use them.
Most ports weren't worth re-visiting, especially Aruba, which was a dirty, rundown, inhospitable portcall.
Curacao was the highlight of the cruise. It is a growing, clean, friendly, and very scenic island. The folks were very welcoming and take great pride in their island. I would enjoy a week-long land-based vacation in Curacao to take in everything this place has to offer.

Nothing great, but most was good. Except for that one bite of something that cost me a day in quarantine!

Except for one very musically talented 4-piece lounge act, the entertainment was disappointing. Not the big production ship shows I've grown accustomed to on other lines.

They all appeared tired. Many tried to be friendly, many made no effort. It was like we were on the last cruise of an 3 month effort were the crew only got 4 hours sleep a night.

Chopped up layout, and truly bizarre and unsightly design elements.

Functional balcony stateroom, balcony wasn't big enough for the two chairs and little table they had out there so we were constantly tripping of them and moving them to use the balcony.

Pros: Curacao

Cons: Ship sanitation and decor

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.