Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A big no - bad food and service

Sail Date: February 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was most struck by the lack of staff's knowledge - about everything - where things were on the ship, the local time at the port, what dining options were available, where a movie was shown. The spa lost my sign and sail card. No apology whatsoever from guest services. The staff acted like they are tortured by your questions - no matter how kindly you ask. It's like you're inconveniencing them. I got to the point where I would just ask a fellow passenger. They were better informed and far friendlier.

Pros: Comedians

Cons: FOOD! SERVICE overall! Decor.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.

Shows were terrible. Little league. However, the Comedians (especially John Knight) were GREAT. They were the only entertainment I enjoyed.
My 9-year-old boy was not attracted to any of the activities. I noticed that mostly girls were participating. I was not impressed. My son still had a blast - mostly at the pool. The children's pool was crazy. No supervision (gotta blame the parents for that). Amazing that there were no injuries.
It was like being in a cheap Las Vegas hotel. Tacky! The cabins were clean and fine. Our stewart was great.
I was shocked by the food since everyone says food on a cruise is great. Meals were slightly better than hospital food. The buffet was like a cafeteria. Really bad.
One of the worst, most uninformed staff I've ever experienced. They barely looked up when you approached. NO ONE went above and beyond. Guest services was stunningly bad. I just couldn't get over how uninformed the staff was. One staff person told me that "anytime dining" meant that I could only go to the buffet. One told me that the island time was an hour later than ship time - I almost missed my excursion. One told me the only movies available were on the TV inside the room. I got to the point where I wouldn't trust anything a staff person said.
Our room was fine. Efficient. Quiet. Comfortable. Clean and well-kept.