Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best vacation ever!

Sail Date: May 15, 2011

I was very impressed with this ship. There was a large variety of delicious food and numerous activities and other entertainment going on everyday. I really liked the big screen on the open deck; it played movies at night and you could relax in the lounge chairs and enjoy. I also really liked the two decks that were adults only. It was very peaceful and not crowded. It had hammocks, couches, large circle lounge chairs, a bar, and two hot tubs--very relaxing. I was surprised to see that the ship also had a water slide, a mini golf course, and a basketball/volleyball court. The ship also had a very nice gym and spa, but the spa prices were too high for me.

Pros: The quality and variety of food.

Cons: Many of the staff were difficult to understand (poor english skills), but they didn't mind repeating what they said a few times for me.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

I couldn't believe how big the ship was. I was surprised to see how nice the layout was; by the second day I could get to most places by myself (without a map). The staff kept the ship very clean, even the 24/7 ice cream machine was usually spotless.
We were very happy with the quality and variety of food. They had pretty much everything. Although it didn't bother me, it may be a downer to others, the only food available 24/7 (a midnight or later snack) were pizza and ice cream. I had pizza every night, which I loved!
The room was very similar to a hotel room. It was spacious and cozy; it included a bed, a couch, a chair, counter space, closets and drawers, a minibar, a tv, and a bathroom. We also had a window in our room; I was surprised how big it was. I was actually able to sit in the window sill and look out at the water. Although the shower was extremely small, I was just glad to have one in our room.
The staff were very friendly. We did not have one bad experience with any of them. As I mentioned in the cons, many of the staff were difficult to understand. However, they were very nice and patient, and they repeated themselves frequently for me.
There were alot of activities and other entertainment going on everyday. I especially liked the big screen movies and the comedians. My husband enjoyed the casino. We also went to events that we normally wouldn't, such as an art auction and showtimes that had an orchestra and dancers. It was nice to experience new things.
Key West, Florida
Very beautiful!
Don't Miss: Jet ski tour around the island.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Also, very beautiful!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
The actual place of our excursion was absolutely beautiful. However, the van ride to get to that spot was very scary. If you have a heart condition, think twice before going anywhere in a van. The roads were built for one-way traffic; however, two-way traffic are on them and there is very little room on the edges of the road. Mostly, there was a steep cliff off one side and a rock wall on the other. The roads were also covered in pot holes. We were constantly swerving and braking. I was glad to get out of the van at our destination! It was very nerve racking but worth it once we got to the excursion site, which was jungle. Despite the scary ride, we had a good time there!