Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good Cruise for the money

Sail Date: February 01, 2011

The ship was nice. A very unique set up. 2 dining rooms. Pools were nice but water most of the time was cold. Alot of different lunch buffet options. Mongolian Wok was very good. You choose what you'd like to have cooked. The chocolate extravaganza on the last sea day was nice. Don't go for the dounuts that can be dipped in the chocolate fountain, they were stale. The shops on the ship were nice but very overpriced and the quality not that great.

When you go to the ports, don't shop at Diamonds International. They are not good quality at all as I work in the jewelry industry and know good diamonds when I see them. Not great prices. No good places to shop in Panama or Costa Rica. Nice shops in Cozumel.

Lines too slow at the buffet lines.

Pros: Ports of call

Cons: The way the tours were handled. The Cruise Director (Dan) and staff.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

Beautiful glass elevators, Posh dining room in the middle of the ship. The ship was always clean.
Long wait times for the Your time dining inThe Chic Dining room. Average wait was 25 minutes +. Food for the most part was good. The lobster was good I had 2 of them. Didn't care at all for the Chateaubriand or steaks. Ribs were OK. The lamb was my favorite. Nice and tasty. Desserts were good.
Nice sized room. I had a balcony. I asked the cabin steward daily for extra towels, never received the. I used 1 of the water glasses in the room for a glass of milk and it wasn't replaced. It was left there for 4 days. I asked him why it wasn't replaced and he said he thought I'd still want to use it.
The ladies at the Pursers desk were nice. The only person who worked there that wasn't nice was a gentleman named Nened,Nemed or something close to that. He was very rude. He thought he was god. The Cruise director Dan wasn't all that good. Hardly ever saw him. When we was seen it was either with food or a drink of some kind. Calvin the Asst. Cruise director is a bit bizarre. Misty was great as was Tyson. Chelsea was nice in a ditzy blonde/black skunk like hair type of way.
Most shows were OK. The female lead singer from the USA in the evening shows looks like she had been to 1 too many buffets. Her outfits so tight and her thighs were big for a dancer. She was stocky. Thought in some of the outfits she wore, she was going to burst out of them. Put her on a diet. Also, the male dancer from New Zealand was horribly ugly. Worst skin I ever saw. He made me sick every time I had to see him dance. Glad he wasn't in the last show of the cruise. The band that played evey night was very good as was Kristina who sand on the last night in the lounge.