Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time to spend w/ family & friends

Sail Date: November 28, 2010

The ship was really nice and was kept very clean. My housekeeper was awesome! He was very friendly and professional. All of the ship's staff were the same, very friendly and professional. Everyone wanted to make sure I had a great time on the cruise. The only problem I had was in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and that's not the fault of the cruise ship. I had a great time on the trip and thought the ship was excellent.

Pros: The casual atmosphere

Cons: Ocho Rios, Jamaica and the

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

Since I've been on 2 other Carnival cruises, I already knew the layout of the ship since they are just about all the same. I thought the interior looked great and clean, no problems with that. Public areas were kept up very well.
I thought the food was great. It's not something of a 5-star restaurant, but it was still excellent. One thing I didn't like in the formal dining room was that they make the staff sing and dance. I just find that kind of tacky but some people really enjoyed it. I'm the kind of person that wants to talk to family and friends during dinner without being interrupted by unnecessary gimicks. Other than that, the food and restaurants were great.
My room was 6375 which had a balcony and was very comfortable and clean. The only thing about my room that I did not like was that it was right over where a live band performs just outside of the casino so I would hear them playing until around midnight. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but if you want peace and quiet, move up to deck 7.
My housekeeper was awesome! He made my room very clean and comfortable. When I asked for something, he was on the ball and got it.
There is always something to do on the ship. Bingo, trivia games, pools, shows, and more to entertain anyone. I didn't see any of the shows but I did find it to be a great variety of things to do.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Awful! Decided to walk into town and it turned out to be a huge mistake. Once you get out of the main gate, we were bombarded with taxi drivers/tour guides trying to get us to hire them by any means possible. Once you turned them down, they kept trying and trying even if you tell them you plan to walk to town (which is less than a mile away). Then when you turn down one guy, you have another in your face doing the same thing. It was constant harassment and we didn't get 1/2 mile before we ended up going back to the boat. The people we sat at dinner with went on an excursion and said it was awesome so if you plan to come here, go on an excursion (snorkeling) instead of trying to get to town. I will never go back here, it was that bad.
Key West, Florida
What a great port! It was really beautiful and clean with no hassels from anyone. If you like history, check out the Little White House where President Truman used to conduct some of the country's business. Get some Key Lime pie while you're here too! Yummy!
Don't Miss: Key Lime pie
George Town, Grand Cayman
I thought that Grand Cayman was just like any other tourist trap. Lots of locals trying to get you to take one of their tours and shops that looked the same on any other island. The streets didn't seem very clean and looked outdated. We didn't do any excursions but I heard snorkeling here is awesome.