Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Was not impressed

Sail Date: June 01, 2010

This was my first cruise and I thought this ship was built in the 70's because of the decor but reading other reviews I see it is new. The pool areas are small for the amount of people, we usually couldn't get a chair and had to sit on the benches around the pool. The food at the buffet was just ok. I had a cupcake that so dry it fell apart when I tried to eat it, I couldn't believe they put those out. The only nice part was at night when most people were either in one of the clubs or in bed it was nice to be able to sit on the deck where it was quiet.

Pros: Dinner

Cons: very crowded

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.

I don't understand why they chose the decor of the ship that they did, very dark colors, olive green, orange and bronze. I thought I was back in the 70's. Our room was clean and the ship was as well.
we ate in the dining room every night and the food was good, and our waiter was great. The buffets were just ok, expedted better from what I heard about cruise food.
Room was bit small but was clean
Most of the staff was friendly.
My daughter was really only interested in swimming so that's where we spent most of our time, pools to small