Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Doublewide on the sea

Sail Date: July 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my families 7th cruise and the second on Carnival. While I had not been a fan of Carnival we thought we would give Carnival a second chance. This was a mistake.

Safety is a concern for this ship. While the muster drill is one of the low points for most cruises, this muster drill was a crowded mass of confusion with the staff adding to the chaos. The Lido deck where the buffet restaurant and pools are located has no direct path. The walkway winds though tables, chairs, smoking passengers and the buffet, slippery walkways make maneuvering this floor even more precarious.

There were good aspects to the ship. The three excursions we took were some of the best of any cruise my family has taken. Our cabin steward was very attentive and offered superior service.

Bottom line, I will steer away from Carnival in the future and will never step foot on the Freedom again. My family and I did walk away from this vacation with wonderful memories of a grand vacation in spite of the ship.

Pros: The spa and staff were top rate.

Cons: The food and service were comparable to Ponderosa.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.