Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Definitely NOT my favorite cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2009

This was our first cruise on Carnival, and it did not measure up to our experiences on other ships. The staff was very attentive, the ship was immaculate, and the food was generally good. However, the negatives outweighed the positives. Although there were twice as many people on this cruise as other ships I have been on (3600, of which 1000 were children), the "public" space, number/size of swimming pools, elevators, seating in the theatre, etc., didn't appear any bigger than ships with fewer passengers and it felt very crowded. Also, this was the least stable ride I have ever experienced. I could not believe how much the ship swayed when we had a patch of slightly rough seas. The activities were not very interesting and often you had to pay extra. There were a LOT of trivia games, if that excites you. This itinerary only stopped at three ports, and there was nothing to do at two of the ports (Limon and Colon) unless you took an official shore excursion. The ships' singers and dancers were great, but they only performed 3 of the 8 nights. The entertainment the other nights was not very good. We were not sad when this cruise ended.

Pros: Very friendly and attentive staff

Cons: Too many people with too little public space - I felt like we were being herded

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.