Nice time on disappointing ship

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 01, 2008
Ship: Carnival Freedom
I had a very good time but for a ship that is 1 yr old, I was very disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful but lacks new options for repeat Carnival cruisers. The menu in the dining room at night is the same on all the ships and so is the Lido deck breakfast. The band hardly played on the Lido deck during the day and 2 dance "clubs" were both geared for teens, Scott's piano bar was alot of fun. At night there was nothing out on deck except for 1 night, the other nights they played movies on a big screen! If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd stay home! The situation with lounge chairs is ridiculous. The staff though was incredibly nice as always.

Pros: Ports, great staff, days at sea

Cons: same menus, deck breakfast

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.