Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Best Casino At Sea

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

This was a great cruise. We loved Istanbul and highly recommend the tour with lunch at the Four Seasons. We took some long tours which were very expensive and extremely tiring. Pompei in the middle of the afternoon in 90 degree weather is a killer. I just wanted it to end. I would never do Pompei again. It was terribly overrated and we discovered that the things we wanted to see were on tour in the U.S. The ship was nice and new and the food was good. Nothing extraordinary, but good. The casino was great. New machines, penny machines and fun machines. Casino host was terrific. Cruise director is very good although he is still doing an act we saw on the Triumph years ago. It is very funny until you realize it is all staged. Nonetheless he works very hard. Had my bag stolen in Rome. Carnival has still not responded to me five weeks later. I recommend this cruise for the ports. It was a trip of a lifetime.

Pros: Ports, casino

Cons: tours very long

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!