Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruiser disappointed

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

My family of eight took this cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale for my daughter's 30th birthday and of course wanted it to be very special. The overall cruise was below average only because of the lack of activities, music and professional shows. Really we became quite bored and were disappointed.
On a positive note, the bar staff and wait staff were very nice. The Cruise Director and his staff were very unprofessionally dressed and didn't see them at the doors of shows etc. Because these Carnival ships are promoted as "fun ships" we expected to have much more fun. The prizes we did happen to witness them giving to "trivia" winners were a plastic ship model on a stick. Are you kidding???? We sat to watch the dancers and singers perform when all of a sudden there was one whole half of the room that got up and left. The Cruise Director closed the show after the musical from sitting in the front row of the showroom. The Captain and staff introduced themselves in the middle of the a room that wasn't hardly big enough to hold them let alone a crowd that was interested in meeting him. Don't you usually have an opportunity to have your photo taken with the Captain of the ship after shaking his hand? Maybe that's the older way? What would be professional is if this took place in the main showroom using the stage? The photos onboard were $21.99 for 1 (8x10). OUCH!!!! The ship itself was nice, the public rooms were nice but nothing going on in them. The ship was clean, accessibility was good. I think this ship could really be utilized so much better. I would love the opportunity to take that on as a Cruise Director for you at any given moment! Please, call me and let me know when I can start. 904-314-1088. I can think of soooo many other things you could do to have made this cruise the "cruise of a life time!" Activities, get the guest involved, music in rooms that are empty and lets have FUN. Have activities and give those little medals away. For goodness sake they can't cost as much as our cruise did! Don't you have bags or mugs to be given away with your logo on them? Are there no pool games, raggae music playing outside at the pool, 50's to 70's music playing in one lounge, country and western in another, motown in a piano bar etc.? Have those same groups playing in the SAME place to get their fans coming back each night. There should be activities such as napkin folding, crafts for a Country night. Conga lines for a Caribbean night, Contest dressing men up in Carman Miranda style clothing, Have the bar staff dance, do tricks with their trays.....who cares if they drop a few? Maybe they would have more fun too. Dance classes during the day for a theme night the same evening. What has happened to all the fun? Don't just start main activities at 11:00pm.
Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions.

Pros: The food

Cons: The lack of entertainment, activites and music everywhere.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.

Read my comment above. I would certainly love the opportunity to help you schedule some activities throughout the ship and certainly schedule music in the lounges and at the pool. There weren't any activities all day that were "fun" and once again....for these ships to be promoted as "fun ships" all eight of us were very disappointed.
Bar and wait staff very friendly. Room steward kind and very quiet.
We booked this cruise a year in advance. We requested a table for eight in the main dining room and ended up in the smallest one sitting next to the waiters station. Very uncomfortable.