Carnival Freedom has problems

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: December 01, 2007
Boarding was very streamline, quick and easy. My cruise was departing 12-29-07. The ship was less then one year old. I was placed in the aft dinning room. The props or shaft or somthing was not right, heavy vigration. I had white caps in my water glass. I could not enjoy my meal. The manager moved us to a quiet table for two on the starboard side, however it was next to the station where the put the dirty dishes (very smelly), the wait staff was the best however. They had entertainment in the dinning room but we were so far away and could not see anything.

On the deck where food was being served the vinal floor got very slick and people were complaining about this. No one seemd to care when we told the staff. We took some seats and after 1.5 hours no one cleaned it up.

They say the ship has roll stabilizers but even on a calm day the ship rolled and people were sick.

I cornered some of the ships bridge crew and they admitted that the vibration problem was there from when they took the ship and explained the problem was that of the manufaturer.

VERY BOTHERSOM

The food and the specialty spots was the better of all the choices. Dinning room food needs help, STAFF WAS GREAT.

One or two shows were canceld because of sickness. Comedians were very good. I think ship movement made many sick.

A lot of the kids were boarde. Seen better.

There were some people that should not be dealing with public but overall the staff was OK. In the main buffett area they need MORE help to clean up.

Lay out was very disjointed, had to go up some decks and down to get to the other end of the ship. Decor was done by a drunken sailor.

Clean rooms and staff were great. Mattress was harder then most. Bring your own.

Pros: ports of call

Cons: Heavy vibrations from propelers in the aft dinning room (Posh)

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.