My Cruise Review

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 10, 2016
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Number: U141

This cruise was okay.  It did not live up to the standards of other Carnival Cruises that I've taken.  Some of the staff was not as friendly or approachable and the ship was very outdated.  Our dinner servers (Francisco and Julien) were excellent though!  My traveling partner, this was his first cruise, and he absolutely enjoyed it!  Of course he had nothing to compare it to so, first time cruisers will thoroughly enjoy the experience!!

The food was good but not a large variety. Need more of a variety of different types of food, i.e. Chinese, Mexican, American.

Okay.

Compared to other Carnival Cruises, I found the entertainment on the Fascination to be lacking. There seemed to be a lot of Latin music bands on the ship however very little entertainment relative to other cultures. More diversity would be great!

It should be mandatory that children attend Camp Carnival everyday and even in the evenings. Many children were left unattended and free to run up/down the hallways and stair wells especially at night. This was very disruptive to my vacation.

Francisco and Julien, our dinner servers were great. Very friendly and accommodating. Some of the staff that I was in communication with was not as friendly or accommodating. Many of them did not smile or seem approachable. Many did not even speak English so it was difficult to communicate. I've had much better service on other Carnival Ships such as the Breeze. Customer service was definitely lacking. I was in the main food area going through the buffet line and one of the servers, a young lady, tossed the food onto my plate and even though I asked her not to do so, she did it again as if she didn't care or maybe didn't understand what I was saying. Either way, not a good experience.

The ship was clean but very outdated and the level of overall service was lacking again, compared to other Carnival Cruises on newer vessels. With that said, I would think Carnival would insure that the same level of customer service is consistent regardless of the ship you're on however, this was not the case.

Make sure that you put away all of your intimate clothing attire when you leave your cabin. Your cabin server will come in unexpected and leave those towel animals on your bed while you're away. It's all up for viewing...LOL!!