Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice 5 day get away

Sail Date: February 08, 2016

I enjoyed my trip on the Fascination and would like to do more cruises in the future.  The weather was cool, but there was enough to do to make it a fun trip.  I enjoyed the shows, various activities and food.  This was only my second cruise and I was a bit taken back by all the tips that are charged for everything we purchased.  One tip per day is enough and we should not be nickel and dimed with tips on every little purchase or request from getting an ice bucket, purchasing a wine package that really was a rip-off, bottled water at dinner, etc.   A lot of workers on this cruise came to "help" with their hands out for a tip.  OH, and get rid of the men at the port who take your bags about 25 yards to turn in.  This guy grabbed our bags and put them on his cart before we could even orient ourselves and immediately asked for a tip.  As we walked across the road we realized that the drop off for our bags was right in front of us.  So, even though I was not pleased with the excessive expectation of a tip for breathing, I still enjoyed myself on the cruise.

Another OH moment was the glass bottom boat trip at the Half Moon Cey... not worth the money.  Nothing really to see that you couldn't see from the beach.

Another recommendation, do not take the bus offered by the carnival cruise lines.  It cost $42 R/T per person from the airport to the port.  Fortunately, my wife and I went outside to check on the cost of a taxi and it was $30 for the both of us.  So we took the taxi and did not have to wait 45 minutes for the bus to show and take a big group of people.  On the way back from port we took the Blue Shuttle to the airport for $25 so we ended up getting to our destinations quicker and for less money.

Ok that is about it for my comments....little things that kept me from giving Carnival a 5 star rating.  I still plan on taking more cruises and these little lessons learned will help me on future cruises.

It was a nice cabin.

1. Don't use Carnival Cruise provided bus. It is more expensive than a taxi and you have to wait up to 45 minutes or more.
2. Don't use the baggage cart men in front of the cruise check in. Drop off is just 25 yards from taxi drop off.
3. Glass bottom boat trip at Half Moon Cey isn' worth it