Carnival is stepping it up!

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 18, 2015
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: V5
My hubby and I decided on a last minute cruise, I was hesitant to choose Carnival because we have seen such a decline with the company in the past years. I have been on approximately 18 cruises, Baltic Sea, Greek Islands, Alaska, and many times Eastern and Western Caribbean plus Bahamas. Our first choice is Princess, followed by RCCL. But this cruise port was a 60 minute drive, and we chose easy over what I assumed would be quality.

The ship although one of the older models, was completely refurbished, and in beautiful condition.  The staff was super friendly and helpful.  Food was okay, we only went to the DR 2 times, and chose the buffet or pizza station for our other meals.  We are not big foodies, so buffet was fine!  Salad bar was always fresh and plentiful.

Above I saw a review that mentioned kids on board!!  LOL all cruises have lots of children during the summer, so if you don't want to be around children, do not go during summer, and if you must travel during summer, don't choose the most economical cruise line!  Carnival, RCCL and Norweigan have kids!  Princess has the least!  I agree with the above comment about the music being too loud...it was the band just outside of the casino...it was unbearable to be too close.  The comedy club was GREAT.  Something Carnival has recently added, and we saw the best comedy show we had ever attended.  Of course it was the later show, and more risqué.  We enjoyed the pool when everyone was on the private island, and there were only 7 of us in the pool!!  Otherwise it was packed.

We will definitely go again, soon I hope.

You can bring one bottle of wine per person (750) and a 6-pack of canned soda...I drink a soda they don't offer on board...we still found the onboard beverage prices to be fair...equal to any tourist area!