Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Had a good time

Sail Date: August 06, 2015

I haven't cruised in five years, so my hubs and I decided to cruise for our anniversary trip. Boarding the ship was ok. Even though there were a lot of people, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd would be. Debarking was another story. We decided to carry all of our luggage bc a piece was lost when we checked in and we'd be able to get off of ship first... mistake. It's such an unorganized process. We spent hours sitting in halls and fighting our way through an angry crowd down stairs who apparently had the same idea as we did. On my next cruise, I'll check as much luggage as possible getting off and I'll go to dining area, wait for everyone else to get off ship, then I'll disembark. About the room. I chose the cheapest option when booking which was a window room where I'd let them pick the room for me. Huge mistake! Ended up on main deck at the very very back end of the ship. Never will I do that again. Your sleeping right on top of the loud engines and the motion sickness and post cruise motion sickness is real! The bathroom wasn't clean when we first got there. But our steward Dennis cleaned it for us very well. The food was better than ok, but not great lol. Most of the staff was friendly. The spa was expensive. Drinks are what you would pay in a restaurant. Comedian wasn't good. On shore excursions were kind of pricey, but we found a reasonable one that had snorkeling included for like 60 per person. Overall experience wasn't bad. I would go again, but maybe a diff ship.
I would get a different location on the ship. Don't do the let them pick your cabin option, you get the worst possible location.