Would not do it again

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 01, 2015
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Number: E206

As a first time cruiser, maybe I was expecting too much. I am sure the fault lies with me and my lofty ideas of what cruising would be like. Perhaps thinking that there would be places on the ship to relax without having to endure the drunken conversations of my fellow passengers was a mistake. My constant hope that finding serenity on the "Serenity Deck" would be possible during the 5 day trip was no doubt a result of my enduring naivety. I probably should not have expected there would be enough glasses to go around at lunch time or that iced tea would hold out through dinner. In fact, hoping that the only pool on the ship would be large enough to handle more than a small fraction of the cruisers was just a ridiculous notion most likely planted in my head by the evil media and their marketing tricks.

As I reflect back on my trip, it is clear that the relaxing vacation fueled by unending amounts of good food, sun, quality entertainment , and quiet strolls with my wife while taking in the ocean breezes that I had so been looking forward to was never more than a pipe dream. Honestly, if it were not for my over active imagination and belief in the idea that I was about to have the time of my life, I probably would have had much more fun. Bottom line - Don't expect more than a drunken crowd, long lines, cheesy shows, small amounts of pool time, 2 Star restaurant quality food, high priced unorganized excursions, and over priced drinks and you my friend, will have a blast.

The cabin was fine, if a bit dated. Having the balcony to relax on at least made the trip tolerable. However, do not buy into the whole "private" balcony thing. While no one can come to your balcony, it is far from private. You can see and hear your neighbors in the large openings around and under the "walls" between balconies.
Constant rain, annoying sales people all selling the same kitschy junk. However, if your are into that sort of thing, there are a ton of places to shop.
Industrial port, not much to see. Take the beach excursion but be prepared to wait for the bus.