Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Mate

The ship was a little small, but it was a good quick getaway!

Sail Date: May 04, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My family and I enjoyed this cruise ship. There was a few things that we missed that are on other carnival cruise ships ie: The large movie screen, sushi stand, specialty restaurants, and there were not very many deck parties. The week we went, the seas were very rough. A lot of people were sick. I would say the big problem I had with this cruise was that they damaged my hard sided suitcase. It was cracked half way up the front side. The food was ok, I have had better, but considering they feed thousands of people a day, it's hard to complain.  The beach shore excursion we went on in Freeport, Bahamas was good until the end. Our shuttle was super late and we almost didn't make it back to the ship on time. They were an hour late. We were not too happy about that, especially since it was 100 degrees and my 6 year old was hot, tired, and frustrated!

Not very happy about the cabin. My daughter had to sleep on a cot. They didn't even give us a room with a bed for her!
The beach shore excursion we went on was nice until the end. We had to stand in line for an hour in the 100 no shaded sun for the shuttle to get us.
Jacksonville, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We almost missed the boat because our shuttle was an hour late! My six year old was crying because it was hot and they wouldn't let us leave the line.

If you are looking for a cheap and quick vacation then this is an ok ship for that. It's kind of the bottom line of carnival ships.