Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Won't do it again

Sail Date: February 23, 2015

VERY disappointed. My friend and I were first time cruisers and ended up wishing we didn't choose to go on a cruise after it was all over. Upon arriving at the port we dealt with four different very rude people. The first one begged for a tip until we gave him one (for rolling our luggage about ten feet), the second made a smart remark to me as I was pulling out my boarding pass, the third was rude about not having our birth certificates before she realized we brought our passports instead, and the fourth was yelling at practically everyone in a loud voice about rules none of us knew as we were in line to get our carry on bags checked. We also felt very lost since there were no instructions or signs as we boarded the ship. Example: We brought our "Contigo" water bottles with us and had to down the water in them because of one of the ladies working with the cruise line (the one I mentioned above) barking at everyone saying everything would be taken away if any bottle had liquid in it. There wasn't a trash bin or sign in sight saying anything about that rule, or any sign on any rules for that matter. Later that night we decided to drink some of the water from the water bottle provided in our room. When we found out we were charged for the bottle of water in our room (for which there were no signs telling us we'd be charged as hotels have),and tried to ask someone if they could take the one bottle charge off (five dollars), we were rudely told no and treated like we were idiots for asking. As for Half Moon Cay, getting off of the boat and onto a ferry boat was a very chaotic, stressful, two hour ordeal in the AM. Everyone seem to be ticked that morning because of all of the chaos and disorganization. Getting back to the boat wasn't as bad, but it wasn't a very relaxing ordeal either. When we got to Nassau the next day, we were very disappointed once again. It was a very trashy, run down city, and my friend and I actually went back to the ship around lunch time because of the poor quality of the city, several people we ran into at lunch felt the same way. As far as entertainment on the boat, we felt like there wasn't much to choose from at all. We would've loved a theatre room or good/live music, but there wasn't any of that. There was some music but it was mostly older music for older people. As far as food goes, we were somewhat satisfied. However, we had several appetizers/entrees/desserts that were very bland. My friend and I eat pretty healthy too, so we're used to sometimes eating more bland foods, not sure what the problem was with several of the food items we found so bland. Long story short, we've both decided we don't ever want to go on a cruise again. If anyone asks, I'll be letting them know how I feel. I was told several times by people on this cruise that "Royal Caribbean" seemed to have better cruise experiences. I have no idea if that's true, but my friend and I obviously weren't the only ones who were disappointed. Sad to say I spent what I did for this cruise.

1 Comment