Poor Customer Service & Food Poisoning

Sail Date: March 11, 2013

Ship: Carnival Fascination

Cabin Number: R214

Review Summary

I became violently ill on the second morning of the cruise. I had been vomiting for about 12 hours when my friends finally convinced me to go to the medical center onboard. There we found out that I was not the only sick person onboard, and that there were likely 10-20 others with my condition. The medical team was purposefully very vague and would not tell me what they thought my problem was, nor what they thought the cause was. I was then quarantined in my room for the next 24 hours. My steward was told not to service our room, and my two friends ended up having to live with a bathroom that I had been vomiting in for roughly 36 hours. We were not given fresh towels or bedding for 2 days. When they complained at the guest services desk they were just told to 'wash their hands' even though it was bar soap that I had been using. We were also denied any sort of compensation because they don't compensate for 'stomach issues' even though it was clearly more than seasickness.

Ship Experiences