Room For Improvement

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Fascination

invalid-31909

Sail Date: August 27, 2012

Ship: Carnival Fascination

Review Summary

This is my first cruise so I have nothing to compare this to but I really was disappointed with the lack of activities for young/single people... I felt that this ship catered to children, couples, and seniors.

Ship Experiences

Food at the buffet was fine... The same quality you'd expect from your standard buffet and super convenient if you're on the go. The dining room on the other hand is hit or miss...I'm a picky eater and a lot of the options were a little too exotic for my taste so i pretty much had a cheeseburger every night lol. I highly recommend getting a scheduled dinner time so you don't have to wait in line... You walk right to your table\, your server knows your name and is happy to see you and eager to hear about your day...Genuinely! Being seated in the dining room for breakfast or lunch is a little different... There are plenty of seats yet there is a long wait so they can herd everyone like cattle into one area... Requests are met with a nervous laugh and a glance at the manager to see if it's okay for the guest to sit by the window when there are plenty of open seats...the service at breakfast/lunch is hit or miss too...you could get a funny attentive server\, or bored server with eyes glazed.

I've said it before... I really was disappointed with the lack of activities for young/single people... I felt that this ship catered to children\, couples\, and seniors. Also whenever there was something for 20 something's there were two going on at the same time and you had to choose :( The shows/ activities I did attend were great though!

The only staff members that I felt went above and beyond are my server at dinner and a server I happened to have one morning for breakfast... Other than that the service was just okay.

The ship in my opinion was always clean and presentable...and there were workers constantly bustling about trying to keep it that way.

Loved my room... loved coming home to a lovely and clean room every time I left..especially loved my little towel animals... so cute!

Pros: Attending Dinner each evening...no wait\, excellent service from our server Budi\, and excellent company at our table!

Cons: I wish there were more activities during the day for young/single people....not to mention an adult pool area!

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!