Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just so so

Sail Date: July 30, 2012

We were looking for a relaxation cruise and that is what we did. The Cruise Director was great and there were plenty of events going on. However, the food was not good, the ship was older and much of the staff didn't appear happy to be there. We did enjoy Camp Carnival as an option for our daughter and this allowed my husband and I to relax and destress.

Pros: Camp Carnival and the Shows

Cons: The food\, the older ship and many of the staff

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

Our stateroom was always clean and tidy and they did a great job in that area.
Layout was ok once you got the hang of which elevator takes you to which level and how to maneuver. Most areas were kept clean.
The food was just not up to par and we've been on several carnival cruises in the past 10 years. My best meal was the last night when I had the veal. Most nights it was just ok and the what was being served on the lido decks and coconuts cafe were just not good. Desserts on the lido and coconuts were awful - no sugar\, no taste\, no flavor
Unless it was our wait staff at dinner or our housekeeping\, the rest of the staff didn't go above and beyond. They actually didn't seem happy to be there nor happy that we were there either - not the best experience for us.
Plenty of items to take part in and the shows were great
Perfect for my daughter and she enjoyed herself as well. The staff in the camp seemed overall happy to be there.