Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A hit and miss cruise

Sail Date: May 17, 2012

Room Type: Suite

The staff was great. No complaints there. The room was very nice. The ship was in good condition and there were no issues with it.

I will say my first cruises were RC and Princess, so Carnival is a "step down" for me. It truly is much more a party boat and designed to be that way. Not the same appreciation for the ambiance of being at sea. More like, "this is a four day affordable cruise, let's get some sun, drink a bunch of beer and listen to rock music". I missed the tropical and steel drum music I had on other cruise lines. I missed the chairs set where you could watch the sea go by and read and drink coffe without being close to a loud speaker with rock music and/or tanners or partiers.

I reserved a junior suite with private balcony and it was worth it. Because it was wuite inexpensive, that really saved the day. The balcony was awesome, the room was large and it had a jet tub (tight, but was workable and I'm 6'1" and 215 lbs.)

The food was underwhelming and hit and miss. Most meals even at sit down dinner were like glorified college feeder food. There were some exceptions, but my previous cruises were so much better. The desserts were preprepared and once or twice tasted like the cooler or display case. Things often looked good, just didn't match up to the looks. But, I also admit I am a foodie and have high standards. As a high standard person I would give the food a 3 out of 10 (Chef Ramsey would hit me). As a "regular person" they might give it a 5 of 10.

Pros: Staff was excellent, we had a junior suite with private balcony, weather was excellent

Cons: Food was underwhelming- very hit and miss, Carnival is a party boat cruise line, they deep cleaned the pool area during the late afternoon of the last day while people were out there

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Good servers, decent atmosphere. If you want less partier crowd go to the early sitting. More families and older folks. Food was underwhelming. I was not impressed at all.
Not a entertainment person, so didn't do any shows. Did one excursion, deep swim with dolphins at Atlantis hotel - excellent!!.
Overall a nice ship, clean and in good repair. Our room (U111) was great. The layout of the ship is a little weird as you need to go up and down to get from front to back on certain levels. Some what confusing.
Really, for the price I had a great room. King bed (two double together) with seating area, couch, chair, coffee table, ledge along entire room, wine glass assortment, mini fridge, "large" closet, drawers, and a private balcony with 3 nice chairs. A saviour for this trip (25th anniversary)
Really great staff all the way around.