Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Just an okay cruise

Sail Date: April 23, 2012

The service on the Lido deck was very substandard. This is my fourth cruise (1st with Carnival) I would hope this is an isolated cruise ship problem. The service crew had a habit of standing around and talking, we often had to move dishes to another table in order to sit down and would have to wipe down our own table. Staff overall did not seem attentive to details that we noticed on our 3 other cruises with other ships. I see this as a management problem on this ship. We are not really interested in cruising on this ship again.

Pros: Nothing really stands out on this cruise. I liked my cruise with Royal Caribean the most.

Cons: On this ship, the Lido deck service was not very good. They had a habit of leaving tables dirty and cluttered with dishes. Seemed like a daily baises that we had to move dirty dishes so we could sit down.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

This ship has an awkward floor plan compared to others we have been on. We did not care for it. Lido deck bathrooms really smelled bad and needed more attention. Lido deck dining areas were given substandard attention (management really needs to be more attentive and visible among their staff).
We were traveling with another couple. They liked to drink and had poor service on the aft section of the ship in the Lido deck area. They asked one crew member (a maintenance man) a question on how to get some service and he just looked at them without responding. They asked him if he spoke English and he blurted out very rudely to them them that he could and then never did answer their question. My wife and I were really taken back by this. I have never seen such on any other cruise. Some ancillary crew members made kind of made us feel in their way. The main dining room staff were excellent. Seemed like the Lido deck staff liked to gather together and talk and tended to ignore the guests needs. The bar staff were very attentive that we dealt with; however, on deck 7 I was sitting with one guest that showed me a fly that landed in is beer on top of the foam. When he showed it to the bar tender he just flicked the fly out and give the drink back, the guest became upset....
Main dining room (aft) was excellent. The Lido deck area food was very good; however, limited in scope (selection limited). Not much vegetables served. I heard other guests commenting on this as well.
I would rate this an excellent; the pole in the middle of our room effected the rating. The service from our room attendant was excellent. The room was kept clean.