Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Poor Example of Cruising

Sail Date: April 23, 2012

Small vessel trying to be big. Coffee machines on the pool deck and the attached buffet area were out of service almost as much as working. Both pool deck coffee makers ran out of coffee every morning.
At one point my wife and I were having a conversation and stepped out of the way of other passengers and some member of the crew decided he needed to contact security. We were sitting in the bar outside the casino talking 15 minutes later and two security officers came up and asked to speak to me. They were nice but clearly this was the result of an overzealous individual who can't tell the difference between a discussion and an argument. My wife was more angry than I was when she found out what they wanted. Additionally had there been any form of abuse going on I would have thought they would have spoke to her which they didn't. Poorly conducted methods which caused a good deal of embarrasment and had this happened in the US at a hotel or such, we would be talking to a lawyer. I realize they have had some problems/incidents occur but they should be trained to recognize problems, not create them in their own mind. Securty guys were nearly appologetic for even having to talk to me. They have to protect their jobs but Carnival's policy needs to be reviewed and the individual who contacted security needs to have some education in such matters.

Pros: The Hamburgers

Cons: The ridiculous noise levels

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

Bathrooms were sometimes dirty and one of the staff actually raced my wife for the bathroom so she could begin cleaning it. Closed the door in her face when it was obvious she was headed in there as it was the only thing in that hallway.
Dining room food was generally good. The baked alaska was about the poorest excuse for it I have ever seen. They should call it sponge cake with neopolitan ice cream.
See security comment above
Room was good size and very clean
The lido deck was where a lot of activity goes on. Unfortunately I think they feel they need to let the people on the bow and three decks down know what is happening. There were a lot of guys my age on there and many of us suffer with tinnitus. Nothing makes it worse than when the speakers are set at a DB level consistent with a Led Zepplin concert. Turn the damn thing down!