Disappointed, to say the least

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

invalid-31909
Sail Date: November 21, 2011
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Where has customer service gone? This was the third cruise that my wife and i took and we were fortunate enough to be traveling with two other families and a total of 9 children. We took another Carnival cruise in 2006 when our children were much younger and were really looking forward to this trip as the children could spend more time on their own. With that said, it was more obvious than ever that the crew was being compensated heavily on gratuities from the alcoholic beverages, because outside of that the service was horrendous. I actually had to order water from three different servers and literally has a server roll his eyes at me! Bear in mind, I was traveling with five other adults who were consuming copious amounts of alcohol, so asking for a glass of water didn't seem to be a big issue. Additionally, any request that didn't involve showing my sign and sail card, got little attention...ie. changing the channel on the pool tv to watch some Thanksgiving football. Our cabin steward and crew were terrific, which is understandable since they have to earn additional gratuity, which i was glad to provide. It appears that this industry is not what it once was....or maybe its the cruise line?

Good activities for 12-18 year olds, poor for 11 and under. My children asked to not go back to Camp Carnival as they were grouped with 2 - 11 year olds.

I don;t think any of the staff went above and beyond. We had a party of 15 and selected the flexible dining time. After waiting for an hour, we were seated at 2 different tables (11 at one, 4 at the other) I requested we be seated at least 6 at one and 9 at the other so the adults and children could be seated together. They refused!

Pros: Company of friends and family

Cons: Service, Service, Service

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.