Anniversary Cruise

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 03, 2011
Ship: Carnival Fascination
My overall impression was this ship was extremely outdated. I have been on 7 cruises and this by far was the oldest ship I have been on. It was odd because it looked like the bathrooms on board the ship were redone (very modern) but it didn't match the rest of the boat at all - definitely a head scratcher! This was my husband's 2 cruise and he was disappointed as well in the cheesy motiv of the ship.

Also on our cruise we had the unfortunate experience of seeing a dead body floating at the port while in Nassau, Bahamas. The staff was out there as well staring at this dead person just floating from the front of the ship to the end.... the police ship didn't come until the body was at the end of the boat...almost 25 minutes. I just thought it was unprofessional to have the wait staff and manager (I guess) out there staring. We never did find out what had happen to the two individuals who were found right outside our boat. We did receive a letter in our room from the captain telling us the "appear" to be bahamain......

On the last day my chicken was a bit rubbery and seemed old.... but the food up until that point was great!!

Again compared to other cruises I have been on I felt like the entertainment wasn't up to par. The cruise director was also a bit strange in character, not as funny or likeable as others I have had.

Our waiters were super nice!

Last time I will say - needs to be updated. Major face left needed. In the description of the ship it said recently rennovated...should say only the bathroom on board were recently done.

Very clean. The location however was terrible! Whenever the anchor went up or down we knew about it. It was so loud. I would have liked to been warn about the location and not being ideal if you would like to sleep at night for a full night.
We did a Sail and Snorkel, which was so much fun! Senor Frogs was fun! Straw market was a bit crazy. Don't like the random people approaching you and touching you to buy their items - not a fan.
Don't Miss: Snorkling!!
BEAUTIFUL!! The food on the island was great! The beach was perfect. It was clean and the staff was extremely nice.
Don't Miss: The crystal clear water and white sand!!

Pros: Half Moon Cay - Beach was FABULOUS!

Cons: Old, out dated ship

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.