Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First Cruise Ever

Sail Date: July 23, 2011

Overall we were quit impressed with the Fascination. Although it is one of the older ships in the Carnival fleet, it was clean, had upgrades, and the staff was phenomenal. We especially enjoyed the "super charged Maitre D" in the sensation room. We wished they had a larger pool and inexpensive spirits. If you have children, this ship is defiantly for you. I'm not sure how the entertained the children in the camps, but they seemed excited to be going. Since your paying for it, you might as well each in the dining rooms. Everything seemed better and you can have as much as you want, except the lobster.

Pros: Food galore, the entertainment, and Half Cay Moon

Cons: The cost of alcoholic/non alcoholic drinks, Nassau, security reentering the port.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

I believe we were near the crews staterooms and we believed they were allowed to smoke in them. Occasionally we smelled cigarette smell in our room. Overall the room was always cleaned twice a day, nice size, and although we were over the main stage it was quite at night.
We were unclear about the evening seating. We thought you can be seated between 815-9:30, but you need to be in the dining room by 9:00 pm.
We enjoyed the live bands and Vegas style performances. I did not find the comedians to be that entertaining.
This was the second that I've visited Nassau and I wasn't impressed neither time. I know that the locals have to make a living, but I wanted to wear a shirt that said "No thank-you" because it was annoying having everyone ask us if we need a taxi, hair braided, etc. We were able to get a free excursion from Orbitz so we signed up for a snorkeling tour with Stuart Cove. It was great!!!! I also suggest eating at the Fish Fry.
Don't Miss: Stuart Cove Snorkling and eat at the Fish Fry
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Loved It!!! Wish we could have returned here instead of going to Nassau. Bring plenty of water and sun screen.
Don't Miss: Just relax on the beach