Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Great First Cruise

Sail Date: July 09, 2011

This is one of their smaller ships, but I didn't mind that at all. I liked being able to see out of all the windows at once from the dining rooms.

The crew were very friendly and hard-working. The food was excellent. Our room was in the front of the ship (port-hole area). I liked having the light. However, I've been told that that part of the ship is probably more prone to movement and noise.

Pros: Friendly crew, great food, lots of activities

Cons: Some passengers were really inconsiderate and loud during the middle of the night. Thin walls made it impossible to sleep through. I never heard any mention that passengers should be considerate in hallways at night.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
This is a very nice island. I liked it a lot better than Nassau. It is really beautiful, with white sand beaches and clear water. The carnival barbeque was top-notch. Don't bother renting the clam-shell cover because it is dark blue and although it provides good shade in the morning, by early afternoon, it is so hot that it's like an oven inside. We had to abandon it.
We happened to go there on their independence day so almost everything was closed for the holiday. It's probably a lot better when all of the tourist shops are open. The Straw market was open, but only a few vendors were there. The only thing I really enjoyed visiting there was the Queen's stairway. Other people were going to the Atlantis excursion. It is pricey, but probably makes for a lot better experience then just hanging out in Nassau.
Don't Miss: Queen's Staircase