Poor Experience

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 02, 2011
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Type: Suite
Staff was very friendly, ship was clean and it really didn't seem too crowded. This was my 3rd trip on this ship and I won't do it again. The staff has been cut; last cruise our concierge was constantly at our side; this trip we saw him only about 5 times total. He was very good, just not very available. The difference in the food last year and this year is so noticable. I tasted canned food everywhere. Literally, canned soups, sauces, etc. I know this is a budge cruise and it's probably good for familes with small children. We won't go on another Carnival cruise. Our fault for not stepping up; but this is the ONLY ship and cruise line from our home port.

Institutional type food. I've had (really I have) better food in a hospital cafeteria.

Good nightly show

Friendly staff; nothing outstanding, except one or two we met.

Clean as possible, with staff always wiping down and cleaning surfaces.

Suite was decent size and comfortable bed.
Great shopping!
You have to take a taxi 11 miles to go shopping. I skip Freeport nowdays.

Pros: Suite with Balcony

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.