Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Poor Experience

Sail Date: June 02, 2011

Room Type: Suite

Staff was very friendly, ship was clean and it really didn't seem too crowded. This was my 3rd trip on this ship and I won't do it again. The staff has been cut; last cruise our concierge was constantly at our side; this trip we saw him only about 5 times total. He was very good, just not very available. The difference in the food last year and this year is so noticable. I tasted canned food everywhere. Literally, canned soups, sauces, etc. I know this is a budge cruise and it's probably good for familes with small children. We won't go on another Carnival cruise. Our fault for not stepping up; but this is the ONLY ship and cruise line from our home port.

Pros: Suite with Balcony

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

Clean as possible, with staff always wiping down and cleaning surfaces.
Suite was decent size and comfortable bed.
Friendly staff; nothing outstanding, except one or two we met.
Good nightly show
Institutional type food. I've had (really I have) better food in a hospital cafeteria.
Great shopping!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
You have to take a taxi 11 miles to go shopping. I skip Freeport nowdays.