Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Celebrating our parents' 60th!

Sail Date: October 01, 2010

This was my husband and my very first Carnival cruise, although we have been on over 20 cruises together on other cruislines. We booked this cruise for, and with , my parents to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. My youngest brother lives with my parents and so shared their stateroom - their very first balcony cabin EVER! We had hoped other family members would join us on this cruise. As it turned out, noone else was able to go on this sailing, but the five of us had a wonderful time anyway! My parents' have taken cruises over the years and two prior Carnival crusies and love to sail!
The Fascination was a very clean and lovely ship. Our cabin - M30 - was kept in immaculate condition by our wonderful room steward. We were delighted with our PT stateroom with two portholes for an interior cabin price! It was lovely being able to see outside, s novel thing for us as we usually book interior cabins. There was always a great variety and selection of foods to eat in the main dining rooms, the buffet and other outdoors venues, too. We never used room service, but it was nice to know it was available. We thoroughly enjoyed he two outstanding production shows with wonderful singing and dancing and the early shows for both comics. We dd NOT like the one 9:30 (r-rated) comedy show we attended as the material was just not funny to us, but filled with gratuitous foul language and sexual device references that I dd not even understand (and have been married over 35 years!). Guess I needed to be more drunk to enjoy such filthy raunch, I suppose. We were extremely pleased with the wide choice and variety of music all over the ship, day and night. Very enjoyable.
We did enjoy the two ports we visited, Freeport and Nassau. There were a number of interesting-sounding excursions to choose from, although on this trip we decided againsat taking any of the ship excursions since we had previously been to both ports several times and just walked places, sometimes with my elderly parents who had also been a number of times to these same ports.
This was a lovely way to celebrate a very special anniversary for my folks. Our waiters were very attentive and made a great fuss over my parents, one even danced with my mom after dinner!

Pros: Gorgeous Weather in the Bahamas!

Cons: Nasty late night comedian

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!