Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Budget Cruise

Sail Date: July 05, 2010

This was my first cruise with Carnival. After reviewing the information provided by the Cruise 411 website along with the Carnival website, we decided to try this cruise line. We were very disappointed. The impression I got was one of a "budget cruise". I would not chose this cruise again, nor would I recommend it.

Pros: Room Service

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

Dining experience in the dining room was good. However, portions we small. All other areas of food choice and quality were poor. Ship states it has a "sushi bar" however you are limited to three very poor choices.
I traveled with two 12 year olds (boy & girl). Both were completely bored with the cruise.
The ship had basic decor. Nothing impressing.
Overall the stateroom was good. The shower in the bathroom sprayed outside of the shower everytime someone showered. Pressure in the shower was good. Housekeeping kept the rooms very nice. We had an Oceanview room, lighting was great. Ship noise, not passenger noise, was awful!
Definately not what I experienced with my previous cruises on RC. Carnival's staff was just staff. No one went above and beyond.
The entertainment was ok. Choices were limited. Comedy was great. Entertainers were good. Thought it was very low budget to have the entertainment for one night that of fellow cruise goers.
You must dine at "The Poop Deck". Conch was great!