Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Superbly Awesome

Sail Date: June 12, 2010

This was our first cruise, but WOW!!! The boarding process was fairly quick even though they boarded over 1,500 people. From shore to ship, it took about 30 minutes! Once we boarded, it was a major relaxion experience. From the stewards who kept our stateroom clean and even remembered our names, the excellent dining room staff who treated us like royalty, to the lounge chairs on deck that looked out over nothing but blue waters, we were completely amazed at the professionalism of everyone aboard. I had the opportunity to visit the spa and get a back massage. The masseuse was fantastic! I was treated like the only one on the ship to visit the spa...royalty and relaxation combined! My favorite relaxion experience was lounging in the pool area looking over the back of the ship and seeing nothing but royal blue was like I was living in another world. We also had the experience to view the "behind the fun" tour. Talk about an amazing ship and a floating city! We saw everything from the engine control room, the loading dock and everything they had to have on board for the passengers, to the navigation bridge and a personal visit with the captain. This excursion was as much informative as it was pleasurable. The only thing about the cruise is that it wasn't long enough to enjoy everything on the ship!

Pros: Shows, food, food, food, excursions

Cons: No basketball court for my son...this had been advertised

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

The ship had advertised a basketball court but it had been removed to put in water slides for the kids. My son was disappointed.
Talk about food 24/7! We had room service at 2 AM! Dining room staff was professional and was a 5 star dining room experience! My son would get up at 3AM and visit the jogging track and then go get pizza. He really liked the 24/7 food!
Our steward kept everything clean and amazed us nightly with the towel animals. What amazed us the most is that he remembered our names from the first time we met him to the last day!
Everytime we came in contact with anyone, they were the best. After my massage, I met the masseuse at the pool the next day. She remembered me and asked how the back was doing. The only thing the staff couldn't do was to initiate a conversation with a guest...but could engage in conversation if the guest initiated it.
The shows were great, but you had to get a seat about an hour before show time. If you arrived late you might get a seat behind a pole and not see. Not every seat was a good one.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Even though this is a private island, cash is needed for the hair braiding and small shop operated by other island personnel. Lunch was hard to find because you had to wind around many different paths to find it.
Don't Miss: Ladies...get your hair braided here...It's great! Also, don't forget to take a swim in ocean
Didn't get time to swim in ocean because we got rained out for an excursion. Straw markets are a must, but taxis are expensive. For shopping, stay within a walking distance.
Don't Miss: Segways are a must...don't miss them