Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fascinating on Carnival Fascination!!!

Sail Date: April 07, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall this was an excellent cruise! We had an interior stateroom that had recently been remodeled with flat screen tv's. Also the bathroom was redone as well as--seems a bit bigger to me. The sink is more what you would find in your home bathroom; overall we were very impressed with the stateroom!
We had ports in Key West and Calica--we've been to both in the past and were impressed-felt the same way this time as well! Would highly recommend to anyone going to Calica to go to XCARET---have been there twice now and would go there again in a heart beat! Definately worth the price...plan to stay the whole day!
The food on the ship was great! Most meals were in the Coconut Cove Grill area....breakfast and lunch were excellent! Especially the lunches at the Lido Deck by the pool. Pizza bar and deli bar were EXCELLENT! The only area I felt that needed to be improved was the Main Dining Areas. Staff was nice, but not overly friendly. Also, meals were good, but I felt I had to search for something on the menu where in past cruises I debated between a couple entrees to choose from.
We choose to disembark with the self service luggage. Highly recommend this if you can handle carrying out all of your luggage by yourself. We were disembarked and through customs within a half hour!!

Pros: Ports...Food....Recently Remodeled Staterooms and Public Areas

Cons: Staff was very mellow...not overly friendly. Shows OK.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Key West, Florida
One thing I love about this port is the trolleys/sightseeing trains that pick you up from the boat and transport you to and from downtown Key West. We had an exceptional driver on our trolley, LOUIE!!! Fantastic driver and made the trip very entertaining! Walked around the shops in downtown...some shops have some offensize language on shirts/signs, etc, but overall the shops were very reasonable for a port town.
Calica, Mexico
You have to go to XCARET!!!! I love this place! Absolutely beautiful...underground caverns are very neat and there is something there for everyone! DEFINATELY A DON'T MISS. You can definately spend more than one day there! Next time I will purchase my tickets directly at XCARET and take a taxi there. The only negative was that Carnival charged my 4 year old $40 for this shore excursion. Upon going to XCARET I learned that XCARET doesn't even charge for children 5 and under. When questioned about this, the Shore Excursion desk never gave me a good answer and I still paid the $40. ???? There are plenty of taxis when departing the ship and taxis are always present outside the front entrance of XCARET. We asked one taxi driver how much it would be and were told about $10 each way.
Don't Miss: XCARET