Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Our First Experience aboard a ship

Sail Date: July 20, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first time ever aboard a ship. We chose this vacation over Disney and I now wonder if it would have been nicer to go to Disney. Upon boarding everything was nice and pleasant, the greetings, the smiles, the cabins, etc. but as time passed it seemed as if we were forgotten. Every time I treid to contact information no one would answer and if they did it was only to say "information please hold" I did'nt even get a chance to say hello. In room service overall was good eventhough it took from the beginning of the cruise to the final night to get the ice bucket refilled. Time, it was difficult to tell the correct time, no clocks in the cabins and virtually anywhere on the ship. My cell phone changes with the towers but for some reason that change did not occur out in the open sea. As a result we were late for our scheduled formal dining and were told the dining room was already closed. Food needs significant improvement we were tired of chicken, fish, turkey,and roast. Pretty sad to find myself saying the deli sandwiches were a better choice. Pizza, I refuse to eat anymore of it for at least a year. I ate so much of it on your ship due to the food menu in the dining areas. The child care area was closed so much that you might as well not have one. and last but not least, your entire crue is very nice and friendly with the exception of a few individuals at the end of the sail who addressed passagers during debarkation as if we were a bother to them. It left an impression that we were no longer important , we spent our money here but now were exiting and we were no longer important. Sorry, our first experience was not a nice one. "First impressions " I don't know that we will sail again.

Pros: The ship is very pretty, the staff is friendly and mostly helpful, shop prices are fabulous

Cons: The food, no answer at the info desk, long lines at info desk, no clocks in cabins, no instructions on lelephones on how to call from room to room, child care facility closed too many times

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

Shops closed too early, not enough dining places available.
Shops closed too early, not enough dining places available.