Carnival Fascination Cruise Review

We arrived into San Juan airport approx. 2:30. The Carnival reps were waiting for us and showed us where to take our luggage. We were taken to the ship and got in line for the embarkation process. It was actually less painful than I had been told. The Carnival people were quick and moved us through the process in an organized way. We were on the ship and in our room by 4:00. Our luggage arrived outside our door by 7:00 PM which surprised me also, because I had been told it could be later. We packed a change of clothes and swim suits in our carry on (which I strongly recommend) so we weren't really concerned about when our luggage arrived anyway. As soon as we got to our room we changed and were up on deck by the pool.We spent the first evening getting acquainted with the ship by using the map that is provided, after finding our way around, we never had too much problem the rest of the week. You just have to know that not all of the elevators take you to all of the places on the ship. We were surprised at how roomy our cabin was (standard outside stateroom). It was quiet at night too. We loved the pool areas and the drinks (especially the pina colada's). The prices of the drinks were very reasonable. The food in the Sensation dining room was O.K. It looked fancier than it tasted. We actually like the food in the Coconut Grove Bar and Grill better. They had pretty decent food even in the evening if you opted not to go to the formal dining room. The entertainment was great (also to my surpise) the dance shows were nice and the comedian shows were halarious, we really liked these. The casino was alot of fun also. We thought that the staff was helpful and friendly, especially the bar staff and our room steward. Our dining room server was not too great, he was pushy and rushed us, but since we didn't plan on eating in the dining room too much, we didn't really care.The itinerary was great, we like St. Thomas and St. Martin the best. Dominica and Martinique were O.K. too. Barbados, a bit pricey, but also nice. Overall, it was a great vacation experience. I was actually apprehensive about taking a Carnival cruise, because I had heard alot of bad things. We had a great time, we loved it. In fact I'm planning a cruise on Carnival's Destiny next year.