Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A nice quick getaway

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

The recent refurbishments were very nice. The lido deck looks great with the tiki bar and palm trees. We all know March and April are Spring Break for children. So we expected there to be alot of children. HOWEVER, we expected for them to behave and mind their manners, assuming their parents tought them manners. They would run throught the lido deck with their ice creams, trip over your chair and not say a word. I had ice cream dripped on my legs three times. Vacation is not an excuse to run riot. All that being said from the rudeness of some of the adults to the staff I can see how those children would not know how to behave. Even some of the adults did not say please or thank you to the staff. The sad part of all that is the lack of smiles and service from the staff as the days went by. Day 1, happy and helpful, Day 5 the staff were clearly sick and tired of the lack of respect for other human beings.

Pros: Sensation Anytime Dining

Cons: The children

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

The kids took over the ship. No excuse me, would just push by you, no respect for any adults. At one point there were 20 kids in the hot tubs, no adults. Yelling and screaming at each other in front of the casino and sushi bar and everywhere for that matter. We thought we could have an adult moment at the cigar bar and were shocked to see young people in there smoking. One even asked my husband if the cigar he was smoking was cuban and then asked if he could take a puff. I understand we are all on vacation but it is not a vacation from being a parent to your children. These kids were 12 and 16 but I think they lied and were younger than that.
We would do this cruise again as we can drive to Jacksonville but would never do a cruise again in March or April. We were on this boat for a family Christmas cruise in December 09. There were children, nice young well behaved children.
Could use a good cleaning. There were grubby handprints on the walls along with spray on the walls by the vanity area. Hairspray maybe.
The food was much better than December 09. The anytime dining was great. Never had to wait for a table. Kaz and his team were fabulous.
Excellant to start with but on the last day at sea you could tell they were fed up.