A most exciting family cruise!!

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Helpful Vote: 1

Carnival Fascination

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: July 07, 2008

Ship: Carnival Fascination

Review Summary

This was our first family cruise trip and we were blown away. We had a wonderful time. From the time we stepped into the terminal to prepare getting onto the ship, to staying on board for our trip to getting off the ship. It is amazing that everything is so together and organized. We enjoyed the trip so much. The ship was so clean and has so many warm smiles from your crew. We will for sure try hard to save enough money up so that we can take another cruise as a family before our children leave home and go off to college. We decided that this is a much better vacation than any other we have ever taken. Just being together but still having some space away from each other. The activities were wonderful. However, I do think someway/somehow you should have a way to attrack the younger 13-17 years old to go try out their age group thing. My children looked in and saw kids that looked lots younger than them and did not want to go, they didn't go. I think if there was something given to them before hand and really inviting, they might have tried it. This is a tough age, they are still kids but feel more grown up then they really are. The dancing was great, the group put on wonderful shows. We especially liked the break dancers and wished they had put on more of a show. What talent these young kids have. I wouldn't think twice about getting back onto your ship for another wonderful trip. You all did a great job.

Ship Experiences

Wonderful, all kinds of food, but at the sametime food that you know the children will always like. The only thing I wished was that the ice carving could have been at two different times. I really wanted my kids to see this, but some how we missed it.

Just as I said in my review, something for ages 13-17 needed to be more inviting for them. This is a tough age and they need some talking into doing with their age groups. More comedy for younger groups would be great, not just for adults. Some of us like good clean comedy, that way the family can share in this together.

See my comment from above.

Our room keeper, excellent. Our dining room waitters were exceptional. Hari and Budi were great. They were so friendly and made sure we were happy with all that we had. They did all they could to make us feel good. They did not miss a beat. They seemed to work together so good.

Sometimes the public bathrooms were not up to par. But I believe it was because some younger boys used the womens bathroom and the mother didn't clean after them. I sure don't blame the staff on your ship. But it is never good to go to the bathroom and find that.

Our room M235 was amazing. Our room keeper was on top of it at all times. We never had a dirty room or never had to ask for anything. He was more than just doing his job, he was caring and always with a smile. I think he should be patted on the back or something better. What a great worker.

Ports Of Call

Key West, Florida

We just did some walking and shopping. We really did not do much there.

We took our kids snorkeling, I think everyone should try swimming with the dolphins or snorkeling, the water there is beautiful. We shopped some, but not lots. We really didn't go to shop, we wanted to see the pretty clear water and just enjoy the new experience.

Key West, Florida

We just did some walking and shopping. We really did not do much there.

Pros: Our room was "always" tip top

Cons: Needed more for 13-16 years old to go together, making more inviting for them.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!