Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise was Good

Sail Date: September 24, 2007

We sailed on the Carnival Fascination. The ship was refurbished and spotless. I was very impressed that I never saw a stray piece of paper or litter anywhere on the ship. I was also very impressed with the bartenders and wait staff. The cabins were roomy, bright and clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable much to my surprise and satisfcation.

Pros: The dinners - food and staff were superb

Cons: We were seated with a couple with a 2yr old & we were two single women in our 40's -- not a good match

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

I was disappointed in the activities. I didn't feel there was enough of activities to draw interest from the particular cruise guests. It was not a very young or fit crowd and the way they split the ship into teams certainly didn't turn out equal. Unfortunately I don't have any idea how to make it any better so I can't judge too much.
Excellent as far as the sit down dinners -- however we did meet with one or two surly waitresses (yes - I hate to admit it but they were both women) in one of the restaurants. Seems sarcasm was a strong point with these two.
Key West, Florida
I was disappointed that Key West was a chosen port for early morning to early afternoon -- I have heard this place really sparkles at night with lots of energy and action. Unfortunately -- 7:30 - 1:30 isn't the right time for this port.
Don't Miss: Never really found one.
Calica, Mexico
This port offered nice beach, availability to see Mayan ruins, Playa del Carmen, etc. with enough time to enjoy an afternoon in the sun and then a little nighttime partying as well before having to be back to the ship. I loved stopping in Calica - I wish we had even more time to spend there. Perhaps offering scuba diving as an excursion for those of us who love to dive.
Key West, Florida
Don't Miss: Never really found one.
Calica, Mexico