Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Our first cruise!!

Sail Date: August 04, 2006

This was our first cruise. We were looking for something different to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I felt the ship was alittle old and in need of some updating and touch up paint. Also, it was alittle "glittzy" for my taste. On a good note, the room was spacious and very nice. We had a great view from our room onto the water. The service we recieved from our cabin crew was awesome! They were fast and always gave terrific service. The spa was wonderful also. We loved the food and thought the quality was of a 5 start restraunt during dinner. Breakfast left alot to be desired both in the dining room and the buffet. Nassua was beautiful. However, to get to a public beach you had to take a taxi or water taxi a few miles and then hike to the beach. The beach was very nice but I was put off by the locals constantly asking us if we wanted to buy something or rent a jetski. I was very disapointed there wasnt a local beach that was easy accessed by those on the boat. Also, we were in port for only less than 24 hours. Many felt we could of stayed the rest of that day to enjoy the area. The pool was small and seemed to always be occupied with small children that were unsupervised. Overall, this was a nice experience but I dont think I will cruise this ship again. I might try another Carnival Cruise but heard from MANY on this ship that Royal Carribean was much better in all areas. We have 5 children and are considering what cruise we would like to take the family on next time. I hear Disney knows how to do it right.

Pros: The food! It was amazing. The quality and quantity was superb.

Cons: I was disapointed to not have a beach that was easily accessible to the ship. We had to take a boat taxi over to a public beach. It was even a long walk from where the taxi dropped us off.

I thought it had the potentila to be good but it came across as way off broadway. I heard this amoung many on the ship. I did enjoy the game shows and special small gatherings that were held. However, the main shows were not so impressive.
The service on board was wonderful. We ate dinner in the dining room most nights and the food was better than expected. The breakfast was not so good. We loved the convience of so many different dining options and times.
Again, I felt it was spacious and clean. Very comfortable bed!
The ships overall size was fine. However, I felt the pool was way to small for that many passengers. Alot of the paint was chipping around the hot tub and pool areas also. The decks needed to be sanded and refinished. The decor seemed very outdated.
I thought everyone was very kind and always willing to help.
We loved Nassua. We enjoyed the shops in town and got some great deals. But, there are many OVERPRICED items so you have to know what you are shopping for. I like that the ships shopper was able to give us many recommendations on what stores were guarunteed by the ship and who had the best deals. We did visit Diamond International ( as she recommended) to buy an anniversary ring. Atlantis is a must see. It is spectatular. The casino was awesome as were the grounds. You arent allowed to use their pools or beach but there was lots to see.
Don't Miss: The beach and Atlantis