Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good times at sea!

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

The ship was very nice and elegant. The lights in the dining room and main lobby were very interesting, and I loved the glass pane elevators. Most of the staff was very friendly, and it was great to be able to swim, work out, eat at all times, etc. on the ocean.

Pros: Snorkeling, swimming with stingrays, good food

Cons: Too many young kids on the boat. More vegetarian dining options would be nice. More affordable alcohol would aslo be good.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

The room looked nice, but I was led to believe there would be 2 twin beds in the stateroom that I could push together to make one big bed. Instead, one of my beds was a bunk, so my girlfriend and I were a bit uncomfortable some nights. The cleaning staff kept everything very clean though.
The staff was very helpful, and our dining room server was fantastic! She really deserves a raise! However, some of the other service staff did get a bit irritable near the end of the cruise.
I was impressed with the amount of food available at all times, though I think it would be nice if the deli was open 24 hours a day like the pizzeria. It would mean more options for people, like me, who are up late at night a lot. Also, more vegetarian options would be good. And it would be nice if the main dining room had a bit more leeway on when you could get meals.
I didn't take part in a lot of the activities, but the comedian was fantastic. I also enjoyed hearing music just about everywhere, so that was great.