Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Fascination

Sail Date: June 04, 2009

The ship was fun for the most part. It was advertised to have been updated but there were many aspects of it that didn't seem to be. The room was small as expected but the room service was really good. I was a little disappointed that most of the activities like bingo, etc. cost money to do them. The shows were good and the food was pretty good but not alot of variety. I did not like Freeport at all. There was nothing to do there and the market was the same thing in every shop and the people were not friendly. I did enjoy Nassau and it offered a lot more activities.

Pros: I enjoyed the shows. The eighties show was fantastic and they have really talented performers.

Cons: The food was pretty good but the variety was not outstanding. The desserts were always the same and the side items were typically the same with each meal. They did not have fruit punch as listed but lemonade and ran out of that before the cruise was over and substituted with Apple juice.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

The decor was pretty outdated and the size was small.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
There is a casino there but we did not go to it. The beach is beautiful but the rest of the area is not good. It is run down and the people are not nice. Each little market has the exact same things in them and they are pushy. If I had flown there to stay for vacation I would have been very disappointed.
The Senore' Frogs was a lot of fun and the straw market was fun but crowded and hectic. We took a cab over to Atlantis and that was enjoyable. The jet ski's were a blast and the staff ended up taking us back around the island to the ship for no charge. However; be careful of the "locals" offering you drugs. They will not force the issue if you tell them you are not interested.
Don't Miss: Atlantis and Senore' Frogs