Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A little disappointing for a first time

Sail Date: July 21, 2008

Maybe I expect more than most but I was hoping for a better experience. Granted, some significant frustrations during the disembarkation process are probably coloring this a little bit but I was really hoping for a better "all around" experience.

The food in the dining room was pretty good and what I would expect. The buffet food was more like what I would find at a Ryan's or a Golden Corral. The dining room staff was outstanding. The buffet staff was not bad but inconsistent and sometimes left me scrathing my head about common sense.

Pros: Lots of food. Stateroom and dining room staff.

Cons: Entertainment was lacking professional quality. Staff not problem solvers.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

I did not care for the entertainment and activites. Entertainment was amatuerish and the activities were poorly organized and too rigidly run to be enjoyable.
They kept my kids for 3 hours. In that time, they played by themselves and watched movies. My kids even noted that for that they could have stayed at home. It looked like they invested much more time in the older kids (9+) and the ones who were too little to know better (2 - 5)
Great condition, always clean. Many activities were in the fore section of the ship which made it seem like it took forever to get anywhere.
Dining room food was excellent. Buffet food was average.
This was very inconsistent. Overall, most were good or better but there were some real stinkers.
Very clean. Always took good care of us. Comfortable bedding.

Don't Miss: Rent a driver and go around the island
Key West, Florida

Don't Miss: Conch Fritters. Get a scooter and ride around the island.