Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Do not book through !

Sail Date: July 07, 2008

This trip was booked as our honeymoon. My wife has always dreamed of taking a cruise for her honeymoon, and even though it took saving everything I could (I am a Youth Pastor, I don't make much), we pulled it off with the help of the great prices on ! The problem is when you book through the cruise officials treat you like a second rate customer. Our flight (that was booked by the cruise line Carnival) was late. We were to depart at 4 pm and the plane landed in Miami airport at 3:35 pm. Several others from our cruise were on our flight. I immediately called Carnival to tell them the situation. They told me to relax, that the boat would not leave without us, and to look for the Carnival Representative that will be waiting at baggage claim. After running through the airport we got to baggage claim and there was NO rep. So I called carnival again, and they told me to get on a taxi (at my own expense) and get to the ship NOW or they would leave (obviously a different guy). He said to leave our luggage and that they would tell the airport to ship it to the next port of call tomorrow. We did. As we arrived on the ship as they were pulling away from the dock 2 other couples followed us on. They both were late but said that when they called Carnival to tell them, Carnival sent a limo to get them. Funny that we had to pay for our own transportation although it was supposed to be included. As we filled out all the necessary paperwork we asked if there were any clothes they could give us, they said no but we could buy our own in the gift shop. Just at that same moment, the other two couples walked away with 2 t-shirts and shorts for each person in their arms. We asked why they got clothes and we didn't and the Carnival Rep walked away from us. We did our best to make the best honeymoon we could from all of this, but being ignored the rest of the trip by customer service on the ship, being treated poorly, and not getting my bag until day 3 of the trip (72 hours in the same clothes). I am completely done with Carnival, and for that matter, because once I asked one of the other couples where they booked their cruise they said a travel agent. Their travel agent took care of them, where as did nothing for us to help our situation!

Pros: The food

Cons: Being treated like trash!

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

Do not waste your money on the Mayan Ruins walking tour, the tour guides spend most of the time trying to get you to buy stuff in gift shops and restaurants that their friends own!
Key West, Florida