Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good Cruise

Sail Date: July 07, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

The ship was nice and the staff was welcoming.

Pros: Our room

Cons: Ship Schedule

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

This was my biggest disappointment. My kids are 7 and 8 and they only went to Camp Carnival a few times because it was boring. The couple of times they went, when I went to pick them up, they were playing video games. They did go to the end of the cruise late-night party which basically consisted of a midnight water balloon toss. I was so disappointed over the program because I had heard how great it was. My kids stayed with us the majority of the time. The staff seemed very competent, just didn't have a lot planned.
Initially, I was quite happy with my room steward. Then my gold earrings turned up missing. I had put them in my glasses case for the formal dinner night and they were gone when I went to get them. Very disappointing but I guess that is the world we live in these days. I would advise everyone to leave any valuables at home unless you want to have them rooted through and/or taken.
The on-board ship activities were okay. Could have more shows and entertainment. There are only so many games of bingo one person can play ( and lose!).
The ship size was okay but wouldn't want to be on anything smaller. The decor was really nice and it was continuously kept clean.
Food in the main dining area was great. The other food was good but in the dining room, it was awesome!
Our room was nice and large with comfy bedding and pillows. Everything we needed was provided and there was a lot of storage for our luggage.
Key West, Florida
We did the Big 3 excursion (boat ride, snorkeling & kayaking). That is the only thing we were able to do because of the short time at Key West. And it was running behind so we were a little late getting back to the ship. Next time I wouldn't plan any excursions and would just walk around myself. Also, the kayaking and snorkeling was not off the shore; it was done off a boat in the middle of the ocean. Not what I expected and the water wasn't too clear.
I love Cozumel! We have been before and there is always a lot to do. We rented a VW bug and drove around the island. Be careful though because the verdors there all try to rip you off with the peso/dollar "conversion."
Don't Miss: This time we went to the Chakanabah Park and went snorkeling. It was awesome!!!