Not suitable for children under 2 years
Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Type: Oceanview
Traveled As: Family (young children)
Reviewed: 10 years ago
1. No programs at all for kids under 2 years, there was not even a thougth put into it. Camp carnival only allows kids above 2 years but all the baby toys are in the same room so there are tons of toys but babies can't enter the room during camp carnival schedule. Why don't they just create a small separate space for babies? babysitting is available but I haven't found a baby who can stay with any stranger for longer time. 12-2 pm on a sea day is a useless time as it falls during the lunch time.
There was not even a ball available suitable for babies to play with. really frustrating. Adults are not allowed in the toys room during babysitting time.
One other children's pool was closed for repariing. its at the back of the ship where no one really goes. The entrance to that pool is thru a big room and is not easily accessible. maybe it can be turned into a foutain or splash pool for babies.
2. entertainment activities were average. Most of the classes has a fee and were not complimentary
3. caution- a bottle of water in the room costs 3.15 + 53c gratuity
4. good food
5. Lot of bathroom amenities available except lotion
6. always carry walkie talkie. ship does not make any announcements if you lost your family member.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Pros: Food, Food and Food, weather of course
Cons: no programs for kids under 2 years