Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice cruise, but a bit cold

Sail Date: January 25, 2008

This is our 4th cruise, and we love cruising, but we were a tad disappointed in this. We went to the Bahamas, and the weather in both Miami and Nassau was very cold. We've cruised in January before, but to the Caribbean, further south. So my recommendation is go further south in the colder months. We also usually take an 8 day and this was just a quick getaway at 4 days. For the first time cruiser, that would be a good place to start, but seasoned cruisers are going to be disappointed with the fact that there is really no reason to even unpack your suitcases for this short of a time.
Carnival as always was very attentive, the food is fantastic, the shows were great. I just wish they had better control over the weather :)
Our only disappointment was when we booked this with we told them it was a honeymoon for one of the couples that were going and they said that something would be sent to their room, and nothing was, so on the last day I visited formalities and had something sent to their room so they wouldn't be disappointed.

Pros: Cruising in itself is the greatest thing

Cons: The weather

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Nassau was nice, the shopping was so-so. The weather was very cold, and we snorkled, so we came home with the sniffles. We also were told to take the ferry over to Paradise Island and go to the beach, so we did. We walked for 30 minutes and still didn't get to the beach. Everyone kept saying just a bit further. We finally took a taxi to another beach, back where we came from. When we finally got there ($25 later), the sun was going down and we really couldn't see anything. So we paid $20 to get back to the ship. My recommendation, do a little more research before you launch out on your own. Also, the Straw Market is fun, but crowded and huge. Don't bother going clear to the back. Every 'booth' in there is selling the exact same thing. Knock off designer purses and carved wooden statues. But they will bargain down quite a bit. I got my purse 'regularly' $65, and got it for $45.