Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

I left my heart on the Fascination...

Sail Date: December 21, 2007

The ship was lovely, well-maintained and clean. The staff was always friendly, going out of their way to smile and say hello, calling me by name if they had even interacted with me just once.

Everywhere we went, everything we did, everything we ate...we felt that Carnival (and the Fascination crew) was putting in a lot of effort to make our vacation worth every penny we had spent.

Pros: The staff was incredibly gracious, going out of their way to help us.

Cons: Not knowing--as a first-time cruiser--exactly what to do upon arrival.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Of course we loved the midnight buffets and the chocolate lunch dessert buffet.
I was a little disappointed here for my teenagers. My daughter was just a month from her 18th birthday, so she was too young for the disco, but the "teen club" was a little young for her tastes. However, she would have done it if she could have taken her brother in...who, unfortunately, was just under the age guidelines there (though he is six feet tall and could have easily passed). So, the two of them wandered the boat and hung out by the pool or in the cabin. Shame.
Our steward kept the room clean and stocked...and we really loved the soft deep pillows and comforters. And what a treat to see the adorable towel creature on the bed each afternoon.
The women--oh, and the gentlemen--in the spa were amazing. What an absolute treat to be pampered by these talented individuals. They took great care of us. I actually felt like we had become friends by the end of the cruise, and I would come back again just to see them.

The people directing the shore excursions went way beyond to help us when we missed our ferry, helping us to connect with another Carnival excursion, getting us where we needed to be. Awesome.

An officer gave me tips on where to go and where to eat when on the island, giving us tips on the romantic spots and ways to save money. Very sweet. He even followed through after we got back to make sure his tips were helpful to us.
There were fun shows and games. I really enjoyed the shopping specials and the liquor tastings (I tried--and bought--liquors I'd never heard of before)... And the view from the gym was spectacular.
Once I figured out the difference between forward and aft, I was all set.
The Atlantis is a MUST SEE! The water slides through the shark tank and the mile-long "lazy" river are a ball, but the aquarium in the dig is awesome. What a beautiful beach and amazing hotel... I can't imagine staying in the bridge suite. Wow!
Don't Miss: ATLANTIS... don't miss it!