Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Cruise experience

Sail Date: August 31, 2007

Room Type: Suite

We found out that our vessel (Fascination) had been remodeled a year earlier and they did a fine job. The beds were comfortable, the lighting in our suite was inventive and pleasant. The overall theme and look was that of a three star hotel. There was no rust, odors, broken toilets or dirt-- anywhere. The crew was very pleasant and helpful, but most seemed a little sad and homesick. The shows, while vegas-like, lacked appeal and cohesion. The talent was so-so--of course we know it is a cruise show, not a Britney concert, so we were OK. My suggestion for Carnival is to color-up the food a bit and give the crew more days off. I will probably try another cruise-line so I can compare, before returning. But it was good.

Pros: I booked a suite and got the VIP treatment, first on and first off. That was definitely my husband's favorite part!

Cons: We thought the meals were a little repetitive. The after hours treats were blase'.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

If you miss your assigned dinner seating--you're out of luck. The alternatives were boring and repetitive, but always available.
Arawak cay for real native food.