Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean

Better off on another cruise

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

The service is horrible, the food mediocre, the entertainment lame, and the drinks are weak and overpriced.

Pros: unfortunately not much

Cons: Where to begin. Don't expect any quality service. If you have cruised before (as we have on Princess and Disney) you will likely be disapointed. If you don't expcet the staff to be friendly, professional, or interactive, then you'll have a wonderful time.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

The shows were horrible as were the comedians. One comedian was a guy with Muscular Dystrophy, whose entire performance essentially consisted of joke about retarded people. The night club had nice lighting, too bad the DJ couldnt play any decent music. In fact he played the same garbage 4 nights in a row, but if you are from the inner city you might find it enjoyable.
Having traveled on cruises with anytime dining, having assigned tables and times is like having to listen to your boss while on vacation. I don't want anyone telling when and with whom I have to eat. The dining room is what you would expect and the food is average. Anytime I asked the waiter to bring an extra appetizer or desert he seemed annoyed, whereas on other cruises the waiters would bring out extra's for the entire table to sample (without any prompting). Also, on other ships there are upgraded restaurants, where you pay a few dollars, but have a first class dining experience. Carnival does not have this option.
There are 3 pools. One is a kiddie pool, one has a slide, and the other looks like an above ground pool in your redneck neighbors backyard. Why not have one pool for adults only?
Our room had a hidden surprise. At first appearance it seemed nice, decent size, clean. It was however missing a few things, no hair-dryer, no clock (not that you have to know what time it is on vacation). The biggest surprise came when we left the dock. Apparently being in the front of ship, means that your room is located directly over the engines that help the ship enter and leave dock. Let's just say that it makes the room feel like you are going through a tornado; the ground shakes, the walls shake, things in the room rattle, not a favorable experience when you are awake, try it at 730a after a late night out.
I contacted the Pursers desk in reference to complaint about the room. Not only did no one get back to me, but when I called back I was hung up by the Purser who told me that she didn't care and that I could complain to whoever I wanted to.